The House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, & Human Rights will hold a hearing July 17, on “Global Challenges in Diagnosing and Managing Lyme Disease – Closing Knowledge Gaps.”
The hearing will be webcast and available live via the Committee website. US Representative Christopher H. Smith (NJ) is chairing the hearing.
Scheduled to testify are:
Stephen W. Barthold, Ph.D.
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology
Center of Comparative Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine University of California, Davis
Raphael Stricker, M.D.
International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
Mark Eshoo, Ph.D.
Director, New Technology Development
Ms. Patricia Smith
Lyme Disease Association
Mr. Evan White
Lyme Disease Patient
Ms. Stella Huyshe-Shires
Lyme Disease Action (from the UK)
The hearing will be held at 2 pm in room 2172 of Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, DC. The room holds about 150 people and the public is invited to attend. People should arrive 45 minutes early because there are lines for security.
- NEWS: Gibson amendment on Lyme disease passes House committee
- NEWS: Public hearing on Lyme bill in PA legislature Aug 30, 2011
- NEWS: New Hampshire House approves Lyme doctor protection bill
- NEWS: Former patient who testified as a child about Lyme disease recalls encounter with Sen. Ted Kennedy
- NEWS: New Hampshire Lyme doctor protection bill dies in committee